Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre and my Grandfather

Anyone who has watched the marathi serial 'Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre' must have thought that this story is having characters and happenings same as his family. This serial was started way back in 2001. I never had a chance to watch the episodes on TV as I was out of maharashtra for my studies. Whenever I went home, everyone watched it. Even I watched it sometimes with my grandmother, grandfather and cousins. It is 2010 now. I don't remember when the serial was put to an end but as I watch the uploaded episodes now when my grandfather is no more, the serial makes me cry. Not even in my dreams I had thought that a straight and simple serial like Tipre would make me cry. The stories are very simple and situations are handled exactly as they are in a common man's house. As I started watching the serial, I was amazed the way very small things in life are dealt with and why paying attention to these things are important in life. Most of the dialogs of Tipre felt like, "Hey, I have already heard them from Ajoba". The household mother (Shamal) felt as if it was my mom. Even the neighborhood aunt always felt like some close friends of my mom.
Almost everyone has come up from a family which resembles the 'Tipre family' shown in the serial. Everyone who watched the serial enjoyed it.After every episode, I feel like going back in time and enjoying those days when ajoba told us stories of his childhood, when he bought mangoes for all of us, when he increased our daily allowance from Rs 2.5 to Rs 3.75 just because Govt. Of Maharashtra announced 50% concession for senior citizen travelers, and a lot of incidents to tell. He gave us good advice, most of which I never listened to, but after watching the serial, I realize how valuable those words were.
This blog is dedicated to my grandfather who I keep remembering when I watch the serial. I was fortunate enough to have him with me till I was 24. I enjoyed watching the serial with Ajoba, Now when he no more, the serial makes me cry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is true with everyone. My grandfather was a freedom fighter and had great respect for 15th August and 26th January. Every year I was forced to celebrate both of them once in school and once in our society. And I used to wonder what is the point? My love for country is not going to increase just by saluting the flag couple of times in a year. And I used to argue the same with my grandfather. However, I lost him when I was in KREC. And after that I always make it a point to go for flag hoisting wherever I am, and inevitably couple of tears come out of my eyes remembering my grandfather. You miss people only when it is too late. Today I also go to office for flag hoisting sing the same songs those I used to sing when grand father was there. The only difference is that that time I used to get bored and my grandfather used to force me and today I go with full enthusiasm on my own.

How ,I wish I should have celebrated Independence day and republic day with full enthusiasm. My grandfather would have been so proud of me. I hope that he is watching me today from where ever he is.
KREC batchmate

Anonymous said...

क्यूं ब्लोग लिखना छोड दिया क्या ?

के.आर.ई.सी.अन

Unknown said...

i wanna download this serial can anybody tell me any link to a torrent or direct download.....plz...

Anonymous said...

I know that you will be very busy after marriage and all, however, it is still good to write once a month to keep your writing skills in good shape.

Not to mention make sure that your readers know what are you up to in your life.
KREC batchmate

kuku said...

Hi...
i m also a big fan of Gangadhar tipare...
..i was tryin to find the serial online..but couldnt find it anywhr...do u knw any site where i can watch uploaded videos..

kuku said...

hi...
...it was a amazing serial...n i think it ended on perfect time....me n my family were big fan of the serial...u mentioned tht u hv seen the uploaded videos of the serial Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre....can u pls forward me or tell me on which site can i find the uploads.

Unknown said...

These episodes are on YouTube but the last episodes are not there I believe. There are only 163 episodeson YouTube